Optix is a highly robust and sensitive, multi-purpose instrument for gas sensing in any vacuum environment, functioning through a wide range of operating pressures to cater for all industrial vacuum production processes without any requirement for differential pumping.
Optix uses a remote plasma spectroscopy concept which generates a small plasma within the sensor head, and is then analysed by its built-in spectrometer. The light spectrum is automatically interpreted to provide quantitative measurement of the presence and concentration of gas within the vacuum expressed as a partial pressure of the relevant gases. As the plasma light detector is located outside the vacuum, it’s virtually impossible to break the instrument.
Optix generates a plasma and senses gases over a wide pressure range without the need for a differential pumping system. It automatically switches on and off at 0.5 mbar and provides accurate pressure and gas information down to 10-6 mbar.
The Optix spectral information and sophisticated back-end software creates a range of uses for all vacuum users within an easy to use and multi-functional interface: wide range pressure measurement; leak detection; vacuum quality monitoring; process pump-down analysis; gas and molecular analysis; condition monitoring and fault detection; fast process feedback and flow control; end-point detection; gas flow calibration and composition ratios.
Small changes are made to the device in the case of sensing CVD and ALD type processes in order to prevent contamination of the plasma head. Sensing from atmosphere is also possible with a small roughing pump to bring the gases into the sensor.
Optix is very portable and easily switched between different vacuum systems or hand-carried in a small box to customer sites. It also offers an ultra-high sensitivity single gas option for dedicated leak detection.
• Heat treatment
• Leak detection
• Plasma spraying
• Process gas analysis
Pressure regime advantages
• Operates directly at the most common vacuum process pressures
• No need for expensive/complex differential pumps
• No spurious readings from differential pump systems
• Direct monitoring of the vacuum instantly register any changes (m/sec response)
• Significantly less expensive than RGA and differential pump combination
An advanced Windows user interface provides clear visualisation of the condition of the process and vacuum, and powerful tools for recording and referencing data enable easy identification of process problems.
• Built-in spectrum database for atomic and molecular emission signatures
• Automatic spectrum interpretation
• Time plots for automatically or user defined species
• Customizable trigger set-up for end point detection or process control
• Comprehensive data recording and data referencing capability
• Vacuum quality tracker
• Leak detection mode
- Optix flyer
- Optix dimensions
- Optix power supply dimensions
- Gencoa Optix presentation
- EVC-15: Monitoring of volatile vacuum species using remote optical emission spectroscopy
- Optix for chemical sensing
- SVC TechCon 2019: Modelling and Analytical Stability Analysis of Feedback Controlled Reactive Sputter Processes
Gencoa's main facility is situated in South Liverpool. Click for directions >