Linear ion source
Gencoa linear ion sources are available in lengths of 200-4700mm, and offer a robust means of modifying or pre-cleaning large area polymer and glass substrates prior to thin film deposition.
Based on the inverted magnetron principle, Gencoa linear ion sources produce a collimated plasma beam that lightly etches the substrate, burning off hydrocarbons and activating the surface to promote adhesion of the deposited film.
Unlike conventional technology, Gencoa’s ion sources are assembled with a graphite anode and cathode, protecting the substrate from contamination and preventing erosion of source. The sources are indirectly cooled, minimizing maintenance of the source.
A typical operation involves using DC power supply, with other power modes – such as pulsed DC – also suitable.
To optimize the performance of the sources, Gencoa have developed a dedicated voltage regulated power supply with integral gas flow control. The gas adjustment feedback loop control maintains the same current at all times – ensuring no variation in beam output.
Gencoa’s linear ion sources can be assembled with a variety of mounting options, and can be ordered with the associated IM3000 power supply.
- Optimized magnetic fields to produce a collimated plasma beam at standard sputtering pressures
- Automated regulation for the gas to maintain constant current & voltage – multi-gas auto control
- Graphite anode and cathode to protect the substrate from contamination and provide long-life components
- RF standard electrical insulation on all ion sources
- In-direct cooling of anode and cathode – quick switching of parts
- Easy switching of cathode parts to provide multiple magnetic traps for lower voltage operation, or a focused beam
- Voltage regulated power supply with gas adjustment feedback to maintain same current at all times
- Linear ion source presentation
- Gencoa Linear Ion Source flyer
- SVC Techcon 2022: Magnetron Based Plasma Substrate Pre-Treatment and Etching
To contact Gencoa at our Liverpool headquarters, click for contact details.
For details of international representatives, refer to our list of worldwide contacts.