Gencoa full face erosion (FFE) magnetics combine ultra-uniform films with clean target erosion by a scanning of the plasma over the target surface.
Two versions of the circular FFE are available, with a unique design for target diameters of 75mm-200mm (3" to 8") which includes options of internal and external mount, and is ideally suited to R&D and optics.
For larger substrates, Gencoa offer the circular FFE in target diameters of 250mm (10") and above, delivering superior uniformity control at low target-to-substrate separations – typically 50-70mm. This low target-to-substrate separation ensures a high rate of material transfer from the target to the substrate for rapid wafer metallizing.
Gencoa's range of FFE magnetrons overcome many of the traditional difficulties experienced when performing high-rate reactive deposition, such as nodule growth rates, whilst increasing the total target surface sputtering area.
High target use
Target use is high (>50% on a 6mm target), with a clean target even when reactive sputtering, and no redeposition areas on the target surface, fewer arcs and a lower number of coating defects. Target use of up to 70% can be achieved using the 6" circular FFE magnetron (FFE150).
A high rate of uniformity is achieved through motor driven dynamic plasma scanning in order to sputter the whole target surface, and maximum erosion at the outer edge of the target. There is no uniformity drift with target life.
The uniformity will vary with target-to-substrate separation. This can also be used to correct the uniformity as the target erodes and wafer size. The 12" circular FFE magnetron (FFE300) can deposit layers with 1-3% uniformity onto 200mm wafers.
Gencoa circular FFE magnetrons are available from 3" to 18" OD targets, with a range of mechanical options available.
- Internal or External Mounting
- Tilting shaft mount
- Gas Injection
- RF Power Option
- Anode Cooling
- Choice of motor and controller
- Shutter (manual or automatic)
- Sputter Chimney
- Wall Mount Feedthrough
- Hidden Anode
- FFE300 uniformity tuning
- Circular FFE300 presentation
- SVC TechCon 2019: Conformal Coatings Deposited on Microstructured Substrates using HIPIMS and a Full Face Erosion cathode
- Gencoa FFE430
- Magnetic options for planar magnetrons
- FFE75 circular magnetron
- Gencoa Circular FFE flyer
- SVC Techcon 2022: Process Benefits of a Clean Sputter Target by Dynamic Plasma Movement on Circular Planar Magnetrons
- 14 June 2023 - Vacuum and Technology Exhibition
- 15 June 2023 - IOP Plasma Surfaces and Thin Films
- 28-29 June 2023 - Advanced Materials Show
- 23-26 July 2023 - ALD 2023
- View full list >