R&D Commercial Services
Gencoa have been creating innovative vacuum processes since 1994. Over that time, in-house skills and equipment has been installed which is unrivalled in terms of scope and speed of development.
Practical services offered include PVD & PECVD layer development, plasma etching / cleaning studies, and chemical sensing from vacuum and atmosphere.
Simulation and design services include re-designing magnetic packs for different layer properties on wafers, and modelling magnetic fields and layer uniformity for different process and system types.
Eight staff members are involved in the R&D team and skills cover 2D & 3D modelling, electronics, software design, process feedback control, spectroscopic chemical sensing, plasma modelling and measurement, PVD & CVD layer creation on 2D and 3D parts, etch and cleaning of surfaces.
There are 8 vacuum development machines at Gencoa that encompass small scale coating on slides or 50mm diameters wafers, 0.5m in-line glass, to 1.2m long 3D parts, and 2.5m long plasma test and treatment.
Work undertaken ranges from new concepts to pilot production and can last 1 days to several months. In addition to in-house development, staff can also work at the customer site for final process tuning and product testing / staff training.
If you have a need to create new products or improve existing products, then please speak with Gencoa.
The process work undertaken recently completed helps to highlight our areas of specialisation:
- High pressure plasma cleaning of debris on glass
- Transparent abrasion resistant large window coating development
- Low voltage (180V) sputtered ITO from rotatable targets
- Scratch resistant transparent carbon on phone displays (major area of activity in collaboration with Nano4Energy)
- Remote sensing of deuterium (OPTIX based)
- Cannabinoid sensing from atmosphere (OPTIX based)
- Sensing of automotive battery leaks (OPTIX based)
- Simulation of layer uniformity on large astronomical telescopes
- Highly biocidal coatings on visual displays, food packaging and healthcare products (major area of activity)
- Novel layer stacks for off-grid power generation
- Rapid plasma etching of 3D parts and surfaces (in collaboration with N4E)
- Stress control of layers used in microelectronics
- Magnetic design and testing for 200 and 300mm wafer coating improvements (major area)
Success is a result of skills, facilities and speed. In vacuum deposition and plasma processes we excel in all areas.
Gencoa's main facility is situated in South Liverpool. Click for directions >